Edge of Frame Weekend

By 18th January 2017News

The Edge of Frame Weekend – which we curated with artist and curator Edwin Rostron – took place at Whitechapel Gallery and Close Up Cinema in London, 9-11 December 2016. Screenings mixed contemporary works with classic and rarely screened masterpieces from over 50 British and international artists spanning the last 50 years. Our special guest was artist Alexander Stewart, Co-Founder/Director of Eyeworks Festival of Experimental Animation.

The Edges seminar had great and provocative contributions from animators, artists and academics. You can see artist Alan Warburton’s film presentation – Spectacle, Speculation, Spam – here.

You can find out what we screened, and who spoke, here.

All sessions sold out, and we were very pleased with the feedback: 86% of respondents scored the event as 5 stars out of 5 (the other 14% gave it 4 stars). 100% said they would be likely (14%) or very likely (86%) to attend a similar event in the future.

The Edge of Frame Weekend was in association with Royal College of Art Animation Programme and London International Animation Festival. Supported by Jerwood Charitable Foundation and using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.